It always a contradiction for me to live in a special place and yet want to explore others. It has been said about Banff that if you wait long enough, the world will come to you. This is true for Lake Louise, in the heart of Banff National Park. I wonder if I am inspired to explore in part because all those who make their way here.
Lake Louise is a cherished destination for many. I am fortunate to live here, and enjoy it in its many moods. This summer, my mountain home has tested me. It has been cold, wet & rainy. As I type, the clouds burning off, and snow on the peaks is slowly revealing itself. The days are getting shorter, and popular spots are beginning to empty out. It feels like it is now my turn for a holiday.
Exploration is beckoning: I am craving warmth, water and sun. Tomorrow, I board a jet plane for the warm tropical destination of Hawaii! Awaiting us is warm weather, snorkelling, surfing, and the kayak trip of a lifetime. I am sure there will be blues and greens in sharp contrast to the grey, blue, white & green palate of my world.
I hope to share photos and stories of our adventures. I would add a photo, but alas, the clouds are not really co-operating. I will try tomorrow.
1 comment:
You guys sure get the most out of a holiday. It sounds super. Your pictures are wonderful. I've never tried this before.
Post a Comment