Living in a special place means that the views people drive hours to see are just a short car ride away for us residents. I sometimes take it for granted, but most days be absolutely blessed to have the privilege.
While I haven't been able to go on many ski adventures this winter due to our June bundle of joy, I do enjoy taking our 6 year old Golden Retriever for walks, and he loves a walk where there is lots of snow. Bow Lake was our destination just a couple of weekends ago - it is about half an hour from our house, and in fact, where we got married just over two years ago now. So it always fun to go back, and as you can see, Rufus had a great time.
Having a dog sometimes brings the unexpected - my husband looked after a visiting three year old chocolate lab called George just last week. These people arrived in Lake Louise under the impression there was a dogsitting service - we stepped in so they could enjoy a wonderful afternoon at the ski hill. Turns out this couple runs ecoadventures and SURFING! in Costa Rica, so a great connection to make as I still have the surfing bug in me, and plan to try it again when my body has recovered, and our family is ready to travel again.
1 comment:
Looks like Rufus is enjoying the snow. We just got a fresh batch of the white stuff last night. I'm hoping it will melt soon though, I'm ready for spring!
Post a Comment