Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Diving

OK these notes are a bit vague, but the essence is there. I am not sure where our trip pics are, but I will find them in our digital mess and update them again.

What I remember about T&C is how amazing the diving was, and how quickly it came back to me after a long hiatus. A refresher in the pool and a partner for the first dive and I was right back at it - comfortable in the water. Some well-deserved mom-time to celebrate an important milestone.

Day 1 West Caicos
90 feet
Runway
stingray, turtle and shark
tiger tail
lobster

Drama

Northwest Point
Amphitheater
80 feet

Day 2 West Caicos
?
Stingrays, eels fish over the rays

Magic Mushroom 80 feet. coming up too fast, too much air left.
Lots of fish including big moray

Day 3 Grace Bay

Pinnacle 90 feet
Turtle
2 sharks
puffer fish
porcupine fish
lion fish
59 min

? 80 feet
Shark
HUGe moray eel
Barracuda
59 min

Day 4 Grace Bay

Cathedral
turtle swam right by
porcupine fish
boxer fish
2 reef sharks in the distance
lots of neat coral heads
wrasse
80 feet - 59 min

Grouper Hole
poor visibility
reef shark
huge cubana snapper or grouper

No comments: